Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Always About the Weekend

I know, I know. All I ever seem to talk about is either what's happening this coming weekend or what happened this past weekend. I guess the rest of the week is just too boring. Sorry.

So we had DeAnne's sister Sara over Friday to eat with us and I ended up baby-sitting Liam while the girls went to Wal-Mart. It was pretty funny because when they left he was asleep and Sara told me, "Oh, he'll probably sleep the whole time we're gone." Not five minutes after they walked out the door, he was up and then stayed up until about five minutes before they got back. He was good though and we had a good time. I tried to upload a picture of us to facebook but evidently facebook didn't think that was worth posting because it just sat there and churned on it with nothing happening. Oh well.

Saturday was pretty busy. I got up that morning and headed out to the church for a work day on the new building. We had about 10 men there and we worked for 8:00 to about 12:00. We didn't do anything glamorous but the stuff we did had to be done and every little bit helps. I had a good time and I'm always glad to help work on the building. It was incredibly hot though.

So after that and a good nap, we went to DeAnne's 10 year class reunion. I guess I know how she felt at my reunion. I didn't really know anyone so I pretty much sat and ate and spoke with a few of the other spouses while DeAnne and her old friends talked and took pictures. We didn't stay long because DeAnne's back started hurting, but she seemed to enjoy herself.

It seems like I had something about Sunday to talk about too, but now I can't seem to remember what it was. We went to church, of course, and we ate lunch in Kinston, but I could have sworn there was something else I wanted to tell you guys. Oh, well. I guess it wasn't important.

See you on Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: