Thursday, July 01, 2010

Today's Topic?

I know I've talked about Wednesday night band a few times already, but I'm still pumped up from last night, so I'm going to talk about it some more.

We had a good night. It was our first night with a drummer and I though Andrew did pretty well considering we only had about three hours of practice with him. Overall, I think we're still improving, shaking out the rough spots and getting to a point where we're comfortable with one another and know each other well enough to see things coming. It takes a while for a band to become a unit and with the limited practice time that we have, I think we're reaching that point pretty quickly. Personally, I'm taking all the good things about this as a way of the Lord telling us that we're doing what we're supposed to and I think He's blessing us for it. We're always going to have room for improvement, but I think as long as we're fulfilling the Lord's purpose for us in the youth service, then we're going to be fine.

Our big deadline at work passed yesterday. You would think that we would be able to take a minute and catch our breath, but now there's a pile of work that we put off that we've got to start working on. And the regulation stuff never really ends since we have to document every little thing that we do. What I need is a android version of me that can just stay at work 24/7 and do all the work that I don't have time to do while I'm there.

Final thing: Tuesday was the first day that you could get an iPhone4 in AT&T stores. My Mom called me to let me know that while she didn't get one outright, they were sold out, she did order one. She should get it before Monday. I never thought that I would be jealous of my Mom's phone, but I have to admit that I am. Last week, AT&T closed the deal to take over our Alltel, so AT&T is coming to the Andalusia area. I've got my work cut out for me though in order to get an iPhone. Who knows when AT&T is going to finish the tech rollout in our area and change our service over. Then I've got to convince the phone guy at work to support the iPhone. Right now, we're exclusively BlackBerry. I'm determined though. Ever since I got my first iPod, Apple has been working it's way into my heart. I think they've now completely changed it to where it's shaped like their logo. It's even getting to DeAnne. Any time you mention phones around her, she automatically states that she wants an iPhone. You have us Apple. I just wish I had bought as much of your stock as I could have when you nearly went bankrupt in the late '90s.

Have a good weekend and a good 4th of July. DeAnne's brother-in-law is getting to come in to town for the weekend, so we're all excited to get to see him. Going to be a weekend full of family and friends. Should be awesome. Having Monday off isn't a bad deal either. See you on Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: