Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Despicable 3D

Another good weekend is in the books and a new week has begun.

Saturday afternoon we went down to the new movie theater in Crestview with Bryan and Adrienne and watched "Despicable Me" in 3D.  The movie itself was great.  It had good humor and was just touching enough to be sweet without being saccharin.  But that was the content.  This was the first 3D movie that DeAnne and I have been too and I have to say, I'm not sure how I really feel about it.  It seemed to really be hit or miss with the effect.  Some of it was really cool and really believable and then there were times, especially when something was moving fast, that the effect kind of fell apart.  Also, and it may just be my poor eyesight, overall it seemed to add a blur to the whole movie.  It was almost like it was just slightly out of focus and the edges were starting to blur some.  It wasn't a deal breaker, but it was a little distracting at times.

I know I sound critical, but overall, I enjoyed the 3D experience.  I didn't enjoy being charged an extra $2.50 per ticket to be able to experience it.  I'm also still not convinced that 3D is worth having in the home.  I'm sure in time, they'll develop 3D T.V.s that don't require glasses, but until then, I have no desire to where those things while sitting on my couch.  HD is plenty amazing on its own.

Sunday was great too.  We had homecoming at church so that meant a great service and a great lunch after that service.  We didn't have an evening service but we still worked in a little band practice and then a few of us got together and hung out and ate pizza.  It was a fairly relaxed, quiet day and was a great way to wrap up the weekend.

See you on Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: