Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Curb-side Pickup

After nearly 5 years of marriage and for me, living in this house for nearly 17 years, we now have a mailbox. I know, it's a momentous event. DeAnne's tried her best since before we got married even to get me to put up a mailbox and I guess it just took her this long to wear me down. We never put one up because my parents had a post office box and when they bought the house, Dad had an argument with the carrier on our route at the time about getting an address for the house. This was before E911, so the carrier assigned an address but she wouldn't give one to Dad until he put a box up. The thing was that they needed it that day because they were closing on the house. In the end, they were still able to close and Dad never put up a mailbox. DeAnne and I have just been sharing the p.o. box with Dad since we got married. Amazing, I know.

So getting the stuff to put up a mailbox was part of our Saturday. The other part was watching the Auburn A-Day game over at Bryan and Adrienne's house. We watched the game and then grilled out and had a nice afternoon and evening.

Sunday was good too. Bro. Matt preached on one of DeAnne's favorite stories, the donkey that talked to Balaam. After morning services, we went to Kinston for lunch. Another first for the weekend: I changed a wet diaper. It was scary and DeAnne said that it was a miracle that I didn't get peed on, but I got the job done and I'm not sure that either me or Liam were any better for it. I think it's going to be a while before I tackle a stinky.

See you on Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: