Tuesday, April 06, 2010

What To Say?

We had a good, if hectic, weekend. Friday night we went out to eat with DeAnne's family for her Uncle Mike's birthday. MeMaw also came in to town on Friday, so on Saturday we went over to Dad's and hung out and ate dinner with them. Sunday was Easter, so we had church all morning and then lunch with DeAnne's family, Easter egg hunt after lunch and then dinner at Dad's again. In between we managed to squeeze in a trip to Wal-Mart and Winn-Dixie and get a pile of laundry done. It was pretty wild, but like I said, it was good.

Saturday also marked the launch of Apple's iPad. I've already expressed my feelings for the slate back when they first announced it. I'm still in a wait and see mode. I would really love to see one in person but I guess I'll have to wait for that. Reviews have been pretty positive though, so I'm thinking that the second generation device is probably going to be compelling enough to really get its claws into me.

Apple sent out invitations to the press yesterday for a meeting that looks like it's going to be about iPhone OS 4. The iPhone OS of course also runs the iPod Touch and the iPad, so it'll be interesting to see what new features they have to offer in the latest version and how they translate between the different hardware platforms.

I'm not sure if the writers on 24 knew that the show was being canceled when they wrote last night's two hours, but either way, that was probably the best two hours of the season so far. It was just classic, old school, adrenaline rush 24 and I loved pretty much every minute of it. We've only got a few more hours to go till the end. I'm hoping and betting that these are going to be some pretty wild episodes coming up.

I'll see y0u on Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: