Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Games

I've been making a renewed effort this week to get through X-Men Origins: Wolverine. DeAnne bought it for me for my birthday and up until this week I had played a little but hadn't managed to get back around to it. I think I'm pretty close to finishing it now though. I'm really enjoying it. The fighting system is nicely done and the graphics are pretty good. All the voice acting has been great with the one exception being Gambit. I don't know who did his voice but it was terrible. I may just be nostalgic, but it seems like I remember Gambit's voice being spot on in the cartoon series from the 90's. Why couldn't they get it right for this game? Or for the movie for that matter? I seem to recall having the same issue there.

Edwin and I have taken a bit of a break from Gears also. We've been hitting up Rock Band 2 again and I've been really enjoying it. Beatles: Rock Band comes on on Sep. 9th, so it's been a nice warm up for that. I'm really excited for the Beatles game. It only has 45 songs on the disk, but from what I've read, there are a lot of extras like pictures and videos that are just now being released for the first time, so it should be neat to see all that. They're also going to be releasing albums for download so that should fill in the gaps from what they left off the disk.

Other than that there's a lot of other stuff I would like to play but just don't have the time. Maybe one day...

Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: