Monday, August 03, 2009

A Slow Weekend

We had a slow weekend and that's not necessarily a bad thing considering how things have been lately.

We ate dinner with Dad Friday night and came back to the house and watched "Revolutionary Road". It was pretty bad. The acting was good, but the story was just depressing and slow and we just didn't like it.

Saturday, instead of cutting grass like I wanted to, we sat and watched it rain. We then went to Opp/Kinston and went to the wake for the Ramer children. It was one of the saddest things I've ever seen but I was encouraged by Bro. Tommy (who married both DeAnne and I and the Ramers) who posted last night on Facebook that there were salvations at the funeral yesterday.

After the wake, we ate with DeAnne's Mom and Stepdad and headed home where DeAnne proceeded to get sick on me. She had been acting like she was getting a sinus infection for a few days and Saturday night, it hit full force. She couldn't breathe/sleep/stop coughing/anything, so we both had a pretty restless night. I went to church Sunday morning, but I stayed home the rest of the day trying to get her more comfortable. She seemed to sleep better last night or at least, she didn't wake me up much, so maybe she'll be doing better today.

So not a very fun weekend, but it was still nice just for the fact that we really didn't do anything for the first time in a while.

Have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: