Monday, August 31, 2009

Time Flies...

It's hard to believe that we're down to the last day of August already.

We had a pretty nice weekend. We didn't do anything Friday but Saturday we went over to Dothan and made a Sam's run. We also stopped back by Gamestop.

Unfortunately, they won't take anything back that's been opened, so it looks like I'm stuck with the collector's edition. I've decided to just embrace it and enjoy it the best I can. The game is supposed to be excellent, so maybe once I get a chance to play it, I'll forget all about the horrible turn of events that lead me to playing the game. The thing that really burns me about the return policy though is that the company allows employees to open new games, take them home and play them and then when they bring the game back, they sell the game as new. If you ever buy a new game from Gamestop and it's not shrink-wrapped, that's what's happened and you have every right to demand a copy of the game that is still shrink-wrapped. It's a horrible policy and one that I don't think should be allowed, especially in light of their return policy.

After Gamestop, the rest of the day was good. We spent a ton of money in Sam's, but we always do and we only go every three or four months, so I guess it's alright.

All in all, not a bad weekend. I also was able to finish playing Wolverine. It was a really good game. I also played some Left 4 Dead with Edwin. We've both had the game for 6 months or more and have only played it a few times. It was a nice change of pace from Gears and I really enjoyed it.

Have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: