Friday, August 21, 2009

Hello Old Friend

A week ago I talked about Les Paul passing away. Last night I finally had the chance to get my guitar out and let it rip for a little while. I didn't just get my guitar out either. I pulled my amp out, fired it up and let it roar. It felt really good. I'm out of practice pretty bad, but as time went on a good bit started coming back to me. Everybody knows the saying about riding a bike. Sure no one forgets how, but that doesn't mean that when they get on one again that they can go very far before they're winded. I don't think you can forget how to play guitar, but if it's be a while like it has been for me, your fingers just don't move like they used to.

I'm really going to try and make an effort to play more. Ever time I do play a little, it makes me really want to play on a more regular basis and I never seem to be able to get myself into a routine with it.

So it's Friday! It's been a long week and I'm ready for a nice weekend. After today, the weather's supposed to be better. It'll be nice to get more than 2 hours of sun in a day before it clouds up and starts raining. I was beginning to look for the moving van that was bringing all of the Cullen family's stuff to move in.

Have a good Friday and a good weekend.

--Paul

1 comment:

DeAnne DuBose said...

The cullen's can move in with us anytime!