Thursday, August 27, 2009

New Music

There's a good bit of new music about to come out and a couple of new singles I want to talk about.

First up is Weezer. Their new single is called "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To". You can hear it on their website http://www.weezer.com. Go and give it a listen, I'll wait for you to get back...Back? Good. Pretty awesome song, huh? It's horribly catchy and just an all around good song. Their last album was pretty good but I have to say this single is better than anything that was on it. If the rest of their new album is this good then it could be the best Weezer album ever.

Creed is the other band with a new single out that I want to talk about. I first found out that they were back together when I got an email from ticketmaster that included one of their dates in Atlanta. I almost fell out of my chair. As far as I could tell Scott Stapp was the only one that needed the band to get back together. The other three seemed to be doing pretty good with Alter Bridge (a band that I really like). So somehow, they're back and on tour and have a new album and I heard the other day that the new single was out. I went to their website (www.creed.com) and gave it a listen. Musically, the song is pretty good. It's got a good drive to it and even the way Stapp sings the song is decent. Tonally, it has a lot of potential. Where the problem comes in is the lyrics. They sound like something that Miley Cyrus would be singing. Of course, Creed's had that problem since their second album when "Arms Wide Open" got big. After that I guess they decided that all their songs had to be some great sweeping inspirational spill that's really just grating in its cliches. At any rate, I'm sure the new song will be huge on the radio. It's the kind of thing that KMX will eat alive and play until you want to hurt yourself.

Other bands with new stuff either out or coming out:

Jet: One great album, a decent second one that no one bought but me and I haven't heard anything from this one. I'll keep you posted.

Wolfmother: Haven't heard the new single yet but I'm looking forward to this one. Hopefully it's as good as their first.

Paramore: They've gotten huge since "Riot" so let's see if they can hold it together and release a good record when they know everyone is watching.

There are some others that I know I'm forgetting but that's all I can come up with right now.

Have a good Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: