Friday, September 26, 2008

Business As Usual

I'm back from Hattiesburg, and glad for it. It was a good trip, but it's always good to come home. Hattiesburg wasn't a bad town. It's the home of the University of Southern Mississippi, so there's all the usual college type places. The class that we were going for was good. The new software we're getting is fairly complex and there was a lot to learn and I'm sure there's a lot I'm going to forget, but I'm glad I got to go.

One of the best things about business trips is the food. The Cresent City Grill was a New Orleans style restrauant and was so good we went twice. We also ate at a place called Chesterfield's and it was just as good. We also had an incredible, home cooked meal thanks to the parents of one of the guys that was on the trip with us. They live just north of Hattiesburg, outside of Laurel, and had invited us to come eat with them. They had grown everything themselves except the meat and you could tell.

So for the weekend, we don't have anything planned. We'll probably just watch football on Saturday and hang out. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've really been enjoying the weather the past week or two. It would be fine with me if would stay like this year round. We could use a little rain, but other than that, it's been a great week weather-wise.

Have a good weekend and I'll see you back here on Monday.

--Paul

No comments: