Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Don't Know

It's mid-week and the rock has continued without ceasing. DeAnne wouldn't join me last night, instead choosing to play "The Sims". I've opened up a little over half of the songs now and I'm starting to get into some more difficult stuff. I have to say, for the most part, the songs are awesome, but there are some that have had me wondering who picked them for the game.

I'll try not to talk about Rock Band tomorrow. I promise.

Butch Walker has put out two new songs from his upcoming album. They're on iTunes. Get them.

Also, I have a new musical obsession beside Rock Band. It's a band called Coheed and Cambria. They're a really interesting band and have a different sound that's hard to describe. Most people think of the band Rush when they first hear them because the lead singers voice is fairly high-pitched. The music is heavier than Rush though. They consider them selves to be progressive-rock and that's about the best category you can lump them in, I guess. They've put out four albums and they're all incredible. What got me into them was Rock Band. They had a song on RB1 and I really liked it. I started listening to some of their stuff and the more I listened, the better it got. The interesting thing about Coheed is that all of their albums fit together and tell an over-arching story that the lead singer wrote. They've also done some comic books that tie-in and fill in details of the story. Really cool stuff. Check it out.

Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: