Thursday, October 15, 2009

Buying Power

The deals were rolling last week and I was definitely buying.

First up was GameStop. I got a couple of codes though Twitter. One for 16% off used games and one for free shipping. I checked and they had The Beatles: Rock Band used, so I grabbed that. I've got a membership card, so that's another 10% off used games and I had a $25 gift card, so I got a game that's $60 new for about $11.50. Not too shabby.

Then I finally used a $30 Best Buy gift card I've had for a while to get a chat pad that attaches to the Xbox controller. Microsoft is adding Facebook and Twitter to the Xbox so I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the chat pad. It came in yesterday and it's pretty slick. It forms right to the bottom of the controller and it doesn't get in the way at all. The keys are backlit and light up when you're typing. The keys are a little spread out, but I think it's just a matter of getting used to it.

Finally, on Saturday, I got an email from Amazon offering $10 off the new Snow White Blu-Ray/DVD that just came out. I checked and it was only $20, so I went ahead and grabbed that and with shipping I think it came out to be around $12.50. Wal-Mart is selling it for something like $25, so I figured that was a pretty good deal.

So that was the little shopping spree I went on. The deals were just too good to pass up. Have a good Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: