Friday, June 27, 2008

Someone Loves Me

Or at least they subscribe to my blog. Google Reader has a trend section that allows you to see a few stats on the feeds you're subscribed to. One of those stats is "Most Obscure" which shows you the feeds that you're subscribed to in order of how many total subscribers there are to that feed from least to most. When I saw this, I thought it'd be fun to subscribe to my own blog rss feed to see if anyone else was subscribed to it. Alas, it came up as having only one subscriber, which of course had to be me. I haven't looked at the trend section lately and on a whim last night I looked and noticed that dubnet 2.0 now has 3 total subscribers. So whoever out there that decided that my blog was good enough to grace your Google Reader, I just want to say Thank You.

Now, on to business.

I failed to mention it yesterday, but on Wednesday, we watched "Be Kind Rewind". It stars Jack Black and a couple of other people. Jack's character lives next to a power substation and believes that it's affecting his brain so he decides to sabatoge it. In the process he's electocuted and winds up being magnitized. His friend helps out a video store that still only has VHS tapes. Jack walks in and every tape he touches gets erased. Once they realise this, they begin to film their own low-budget versions of the films. There was a larger, fairly touching over-arching plot about the building that the video store was in and the guy that owned it. All in all, it was a pretty good movie. I would recommend it as a rental.

So the weekend looms large. We don't have much to do. I'm on call, so that cuts out going anywhere. Bryan and Adrienne are gone to the beach. Josh and Lyndsay are moving, so there's no telling if they're going to be around. So I think we're on our own. The grass needs cutting already. We've gotten a fair amount of rain since last Saturday and you can definitely tell when you look at our yard. There's a few other things that need doing around the house, so maybe we'll find something to keep ourselves occupied with. Of course, a down weekend is never a bad thing. We've got a couple of busy ones not too far off, so we probably should enjoy the slow ones while we can. Have a good weekend.

--Paul

2 comments:

stephcl said...

i don't subscribe, but i check this thing every day between 7:45 am and 8:15 am.

looking forward to the beach trip in a few weeks!!

DeAnne DuBose said...

I don't subscribe either, but I read your blog daily babe!
Love you