Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We're Going to See Butch Walker!!!

Finally, after years of waiting for Butch to be playing somewhere we could go on a date that we could make, he's finally playing Atlanta on a Friday night. It's at the end of July, the week after our trip to Gulf Shores. I know you're probably thinking that this is some guy that Paul likes and he's just dragging DeAnne along with him, but she actually is a huge fan also. After we got married, I filled her iPod full of his stuff and after a couple of weeks she came home one day and said, "Who's this Butch Walker guy? I really like his stuff."

I'm also excited about it because it'll mark the first concert that I've been to (DeAnne also) since we saw Tool in Pensacola almost 6 years ago. It's been a long time and I'm excited to be going to a concert again. While we're in Atlanta, we hope to check in on the family there. We haven't seen my Aunt and Uncle in while and my Grandmother has been wanting us to come up and see her for a long time.

In other news, I finally got my license renewed yesterday. I had to wait 2 hours, but I got it done. I got there first thing in the morning and by the time I was about ready to call it quits, someone came down and said that the usual person called in sick and that their fill-in should be there any minute, so I decided to stick it out. Well, it was about 30 more minutes before the fill-in got there. Turns out, I had to see the examiner because the lady in the Probate office thought that I had a CDL. It appears that there is a "John Paul DuBose" that just happens to be born on the same day I was (not the same year though), that lives in Alabama and has a CDL. Go figure. At least I won't have to deal with it again for awhile.

There's still one more bit of news from the weekend to share. I'll get to it tomorrow.

--Paul

1 comment:

Lundy Wilder said...

Have a great trip and grab some info on stuff to see and do in Gulf Shores at Gulf Shores AL