Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

So after all my ranting the other day about people getting Christmas up before Thanksgiving, DeAnne decided to put our Christmas up Monday. I told her that I would help as long as she agreed not to turn the lights on until Friday. Anyway, she's posted a few pictures of the tree over on her blog.

It's amazing to me that we're so quickly approaching the end of another year. As Thanksgiving goes, DeAnne and I both have a lot to be thankful for. The Lord has really done some incredible things in our lives this year. I think one of the highlights was the summer and everything that we were able to do this year. With no surgeries or illness during the summer we were able to take some great trips and have a lot of fun.

I also want to say thanks to all of you who read the blog. Back in March when I first started posting every day (well, most every weekday), I didn't know how long I'd keep it up. I wasn't sure if anyone ever still checked the blog since I was so far out from my surgery. But it seems that word spread and slowly I started having people tell me that they had read this or that on my blog. It's pretty amazing now. I'm not sure how many people check it every day, but I know there are a good many people who read it from time to time. I hope that I've been able to keep your interest and I hope that you'll all keep reading.

So no blog tomorrow. We're heading up to Montgomery for lunch with my Mom and then we're coming back down and going to Kinston to eat dinner with DeAnne's Mom. I'll have a full report for you on Friday.

Have a good Wednesday and have a blessed Thanksgiving.

--Paul

No comments: