Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Two Things Today

Today is kind of a strange day for me. There are two musicians that I'm pretty obsessive about. If you've read this blog for any amount of time, you probably know that they are the Smashing Pumpkins (Billy Corgan) and Butch Walker. In a strange twist of fate, they both have new projects coming out today.

Of course, I've mentioned Butch's new album countless times the past couple of weeks. We pre-ordered it so we could get a poster and t-shirt along with the CD. I've listened to the album online at Butch's Imeem site and it's great and I think you should all go and get it.

The reason I haven't mentioned the Pumpkins' new project is that I didn't feel like anyone who's not a fan would really be interested and anyone who is a fan should already know. They've got a new DVD coming out today called "If All Goes Wrong". It has two parts to it. The first is a documentary following the band as they prepare for a two week string of shows at the Fillmore in San Francisco. The other part is a series of live performances from those shows at the Fillmore. It's been getting good reviews from fans, so I'm sure I'm going to love it, but I just didn't think it would have the mass appeal that the new Butch album has. Hopefully I'll be able to order it in the next week or two.

So, an exciting Tuesday for me. Two of my favorite musical acts have new stuff coming out on the same day. Pretty awesome, I say. Have a good Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: