Thursday, November 13, 2008

Moving At The Speed Of Snail...

...Or at least that's how I feel like I'm moving this morning. It's probably got something to do with the crazy night I had though. It started early on. I had gone to bed and I was just about good and asleep when I realized I couldn't remember if DeAnne and put the meat for tonight back in the fridge or not. She had put it out to help it thaw and she had gone to bed before me and was good and asleep, so I couldn't ask her, so up I got, went to the kitchen, and sure enough, she had put it back in the fridge. So, back to bed I went. Things were pretty standard from there until about 4:10. That's when the phone rang. I think most of you know that my job includes being "on call" every couple of weeks. Well, I'm on call this week, so of course, the phone rings and it's still dark, my first assumption is, "it's work calling, something's wrong". So I jump out of bed, rush over to the phone and the caller id says "Besthda, MD" or something like that. Wrong number. There was a screaming kid on the other end. So, back to bed again. I get good and back to sleep and then just before 5:00, the cat starts making a ruckus. The cat has yet to adjust to the time change and thinks that I need to be up at 5:00 and that it's time for him to go outside. So, I get up, let the cat out and return to bed one final time. Now I'm running late.

Have a good Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: