Friday, November 28, 2008

And So It Begins...Officially

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was really good. We had two really good meals and I over-ate at both of them. I was pretty miserable last night but I'm feeling better this morning.

DeAnne stayed with her Mom last night so they could go shopping this morning. They were still debating between Destin and Dothan, but I think they settled on Destin.

So the Christmas season is officially upon us. It's still hard for me to believe that this year is almost gone. I guess tonight I'll let DeAnne turn all our lights on. Of course, she may not be back yet, so I guess I'll turn them on for her.

I picked up the new Guns N' Roses album the other day. It's been 14 years since their last album came out and the only person still in the band from those days is Axl Rose. Given all that, I really wanted the album to be a failure. I didn't want it to be good simply because I don't consider it a proper Guns album without the rest of the original members (okay, well maybe just Slash). The thing is, it's not half bad. In fact, I'll just go ahead and say it. It's pretty good. You have no idea how bad it hurts me to say that, but it really is pretty good. I don't know if it's 14 years worth of good, but it's definitly not a bad album.

With DeAnne shopping today, we don't have much planned for the weekend. There's always that yard work I keep mentioning. Maybe I'll have the motivation to actually do it this week. Have a good Friday and a good weekend.

--Paul

No comments: