Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fully Charged

Well, I went to leave work yesterday to find that it wasn't going to be as easy to leave as it usually is. My car wouldn't crank. It was showing classic signs of the battery being dead (or almost dead rather). The positive post was pretty corroded, so while I was getting Steve and Brian to give me a jump, we tried to clean it as best we could. Instead of just going ahead and getting a battery, I went home first and left the car running for a few minutes, then I got some baking soda and cleaned the post. When I tried to crank the car again, the battery was already dead again. So I jumped it off with DeAnne's car and went and got a new battery. Of course, by the time I got the new battery, it was time for church, so I headed straight out to church and made it just as Awana was getting started. It was a pretty stressful afternoon but I guess it could have been worse. It could have been the alternator.

So that was pretty much the event for the day yesterday. Other than that, we just watched American Idol when we got home from church and called it a night. Hopefully today will not be quite so crazy.

Have a good Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: