Monday, February 23, 2009

The Weekend Roundup

Another good weekend is in the books. My Grandmother was in town, so Friday night we ate with her and my Dad and Sherry and Josh and Kelly. Then Saturday, we went to Dothan with Dad and Sherry and Me-Maw. Dad just wanted to go to Sam's and then eat, so we hit up Sam's again and got a few more things that we decided were pretty good deals and then went and had dinner. Of course, with that many memebers of the DuBose family in one vehicle, you can't expect them to pass by a Krispy Kreme and not stop, so we swung in there on the way home.

Mom also stopped by on Saturday afternoon before we left for Dothan, so it was just a family-filled weekend.

I also had a small first on Sunday. I tought Sunday School for the first time. I think it went pretty well. DeAnne (being a teacher) didn't say I did anything wrong, so that makes me feel a little better. I was pretty nervous, but it really wasn't as bad as I was afraid it was going to be. I've never thought that teaching was my calling and yesterday just reinforced that, but I think I can swing filling in when someone needs me to.

We also did something a little different last night. We had Bryan, Adrienne, Josh and Lyndsay over for dinner last night. I don't know why we never try and have anyone over, but it was nice to have everyone come to our house and eat. Maybe we can get a rotation going or something.

So that was the weekend. We've got a busy week ahead of us. DeAnne's working all week except for Wednesday when we're going to Montgomery to see about her back. Please continue to pray about that. She's not been in as much pain the past couple of days, but she's still having problems with it. Have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: