Monday, February 02, 2009

10 Years Down The Road

So my class reunion was this past weekend. It went pretty well. It was very surreal at times but overall it was nice to see everyone again and get to catch up a little.

Things kicked off with the school assembly Friday morning. 10 or 12 of us from the class of 1999 were there. They had a video about all the classes from 1939 up to 1999 that was pretty cool. After the assembly, we were able to wander around the school for a while and see what all had changed and also what hadn't changed. I guess the passage of time skews perspective. Everything seemed to feel small than I remembered it. I haven't grown any since my senior year, so it can't be that I'm taller or anything. It was also amazing how much they had added on in 10 years. There's now a football field along with three two new wings and a driveway and parking that circles the back of the school.

Friday night we went to the varsity boy's basketball game and after the game, one of our classmates, Ryan, had everyone come over to his house for a while. So really, the reunion became an all weekend kind of thing.

Saturday night was the actual reunion. We had 24, I believe, out of 36 make it. I really wasn't expecting that many, but a good number still live close by. It was a good time. We watched a good bit of our senior video, had a good meal and Phillip McClung's band, Issues, played for us.

Courtney and Edwin stayed with us for the weekend and as usual, we had a blast with them. The only real downside to the weekend was that both Courtney and DeAnne were sick all weekend.

So that was about it. We took a group picture that I've inserted below. It was fun and interesting and kind of strange all at the same time, but I'm glad to have had the chance to do it.

Have a good Monday.

--Paul



No comments: