Friday, June 26, 2009

Craziness

Friday has come and the end of what's turned into a strange week is upon us. Three celebrity deaths this week.

Of course everyone is going to be talking about Michael Jackson all weekend. His death seems to be the most shocking, but when you think about it, it really shouldn't be. He hasn't looked healthy in years. Even if he was faking some of it for the press, I sure there was some truth to some of it. Just look at the guy. He was horribly skinny and frail looking and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was taking some kind of wild prescription drug cocktail. Most of everything I've heard has only mentioned the recent years of his life in passing. It seems the media is content to focus on the success he had and diminish the missteps of his later life. I guess that's fine, it's not like it didn't happen with Elvis too, but I have a feeling people won't be making pilgrimages to Neverland Ranch like they do Graceland. At any rate, the whole thing is a tragedy and I hope his family, and especially his kids, can find some peace.

Of there's also Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon to remember. I was a little too young to really remember any Johnny Carson, but every time I saw him or Ed on TV I remember laughing. Comedy is a special gift and one that I envy a bit. Beauty is also a gift and Farrah Fawcett was one of a kind. She also seemed like a guinuenly nice person. It's rare that everyone in Holloywood has something nice to say about a fellow actor or actress.

And so pass three big stars of the world. I guess it just reminds us that even the people we see on TV are growing old along with us. Have a good Friday and a good weekend.

--Paul

No comments: