Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Have I Mentioned I Want a Mac?

Apple is having their annual developer conference this week and they always start it off with a keynote speech where they introduce new products. Two years ago, they introduced the first iPhone and every year since then, they've introduce upgrades. This year's upgrade is called the iPhone 3G[S]. I have no idea what exactly the "S" stands for, but basically, they put a better camera in the phone and added video recording capabilities. A lot of the stuff they showed off though was in the iPhone OS 3.0. The new operating system is going to be rolling out to all the older phone models and the iPod Touch. It has some really cool stuff in it and the new app capabilities are pretty neat.

They also introduced some lower prices for and made some small changes to their laptop lineup. They now have a 13-inch Macbook Pro for $1200. I think this is the cheapest Pro that they've ever had. Along with the laptops they talked about the new features of their desktop operating system upgrade, OS/X Snow Leapord. It's not a huge upgrade, but it seemed like a nice one. It's also only going to cost $29 as compare to Windows 7 being $129 when it comes out. I've always wanted a Mac, but now I really want one.

I guess everybody has to have a dream. Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: