Monday, June 01, 2009

Running Behind

I don't know if I fell asleep in the shower or what, but I'm running a little behind this morning. I'm usually wrapping up the blog post right about now.

I pretty much accomplished all of the goals I had for the weekend. I got the grass cut, I finished reading "The Host" and I finished up playing "Prince of Persia". I even managed to get up and go get DeAnne's car an oil change. It also needed a couple of new brakes, so that hurt pretty bad, but what can you do? I don't think any of the brakes have been replaced since she got the car and it's almost 7 years old now. They probably would have needed replacing sooner but it's not like DeAnne ever uses them (I kid, I kid!! DeAnne really is a good driver. Better than me, that's for sure).

"Prince of Persia" was a pretty good game. I've said it before, but the graphics were simply beautiful. The gameplay could get repetitive in places, but the levels were pretty diverse. It was kind of a pain fighting a boss 5 times in each section, but combat has never been the point of the newer PoP games.

"The Host" turned out to be pretty good. The ending felt a little rushed, but I thought the same thing about all of the Twilight books, so I guess that's just Meyer's thing. She left it open for a sequel and I would read one if she wrote one. The world she created was every bit as interesting and cool as the world in Twilight and like the Twilight books, I imagine a second one would be an order of times better than the first.

I've gotta get going. Have a good Monday.

--Paul

1 comment:

DeAnne DuBose said...

Ha ha haaaa... You know I drive better than you! I just need that little silver Volvo!