Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday Already

I was expecting this to be a long week but it's already Wednesday and things seem to be moving pretty quickly.

It rained yesterday! It rained pretty good too. We got a couple of good showers late in the afternoon. Of course, the first one decided to start just as I was pulling up to the dentist's office so that I would get soaked going inside, but, at least it rained. The rain will also probably mean cutting the grass this weekend, but that's fine. I can live with every other week or so. The high for Saturday right now is only supposed to be 94. That's still pretty tough, but it's nothing like the 101 it was this past Saturday.

You know times are bad when I'm talking about the weather. I just hate to bore you with work stuff and that's really all that's been happening this week. Something I thought was interesting though: On Monday I was having issues with Splunk. If you follow my twitter or facebook, then you probably saw the status update about fighting with it. I sent that out on twitter and used the mention feature and tagged the post with AIX and Splunk. Later that day, I opened a support call with Splunk about something unrelated. When the support engineer got back to me, he not only addressed my issue that I started the support ticket for but he also said that someone in the office had seen my tweet and told me how to go about getting the problem I tweeted about fixed. It's a total geek moment, but I thought it was awesome that twitter enabled a conversation that otherwise might not would have happened.

Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: