Thursday, June 18, 2009

So Much For That

So my two things that I talked about yesterday didn't exactly go as planned. I got home from work thinking I would update my iPod, download Magic and then have a little time to play with one or the other before we left for church. Oh, how wrong I was.

I started with the iPod. After fighting with the apple servers, I was finally able to download the new software and waited as it installed only to have an error message pop up on the screen after a few minutes. The update had failed and had left my ipod without any software on it. After we got back home from church, I was able to restore the ipod using my laptop. For whatever reason, it seems our PC doesn't like dealing with the OS level stuff with my Touch. I thought I had it fixed last night only to have to go through the same thing again. So here I am this morning, having restored from my laptop again and now I'm just trying the 3.0 update from there. Hopefully it will work and I'll be able to resyn to my PC and get all my stuff back on my ipod the way I had it. I'm afraid I may have lost all my settings and data that I had on it though. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

If Apple letting me down wasn't bad enough, Microsoft was having problems with the Xbox marketplace yesterday afternoon and I wasn't able to download Magic. This wasn't nearly as frustrating as the ipod stuff, but I was still disappointed that the one time I was really excited about an Xbox Arcade game that was coming out was the one time they have problems with the marketplace and I can't download it. I haven't seen any messages or posts online saying it's fixed, but hopefully they'll get it straightened out before long.

Have a good Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: