Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm On My Way

So this is it. A few more hours of class and then we'll be on the road and headed for home. My bag is packed up and I'm all set. It's been a long week. The class has been good but it's covered a pretty broad range of topics and I think all three of us are experiencing a bit of information overload at this point.

A few happenings I've noticed this week:

Google announced (and released a test version of) it's own operating system called "Chrome OS". It's basically just the Chrome web browser running as an operating system. It boots in seconds and gets you on the web as fast as possible. Not so great for doing things like putting music on your ipod or uploading videos to youtube, but it should really shine on the little netbooks that have started getting popular.

The full release of facebook and twitter hit xbox live this week. It's a nice update but without a web browser on the xbox to use to view links that people post, the functionality and usefulness is a little limited.

There have been other things that I wanted to mention and now I've forgotten them. Oh well, see you all on Monday when I'll be in my own home again. Have a good weekend.

--Paul

No comments: