Wednesday, November 25, 2009

And We're Off...

So today begins the holiday rush. We'll be leaving this afternoon to head up to Anniston for lunch with my Mom's family tomorrow. We're staying the night with my aunt and uncle.

I do this every year, and I don't know if anyone that reads this has every donated to this cause, but this year's Child's Play Charity is under way. I've been mentioning it on my blog since 2006. Each year the guys that run Penny Arcade organize a charity based on the idea of buying toys and video games for a host of different Children's Hospitals all around the world. The total contribution since the charity's inception has now passed five million dollars and the goal for this year is another million. It's a great charity and given my experiences with Birmingham's hospital, it's one that really means a lot to me personally. Here's a direct link to the Birmingham Children's Hospital charity wish list: LINK. There's a lot of different stuff on it, all of which could really make a difference to a sick child.

Have a happy Thanksgiving and I'll see you all on Friday.

--Paul

No comments: