Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Listen To The Music Playing In Your Head

As a quick update to yesterday's post: the Republican candidates in both the Virginia and New Jersey gubernatorial races won yesterday. It was a pretty major upset in New Jersey where the Democrat was an incumbent. So it looks like yesterday was the first shot fired in the mid-term elections next year. The Republicans will point to yesterday for quite some time. The next year or so should be pretty interesting.

Outside of politics, I've got a pretty good number of things that I'm interested in. Not that I have to tell you guys that. Simply look through the archives of this blog and you'll see posts that cover topics about a variety of different topics. One of the biggest is music and one of the things that I've always loved but haven't done much in a while is playing guitar. I'm hoping to change that. The first step I've taken in making that change is that I bought a new guitar on Ebay. It's an Ovation acoustic/electric. I got a good deal on it and I figure that if I don't like it I can always turn around and sell it and at least get my money back.

I miss playing though and I'm hoping that this is a great guitar that will inspire me to dig deep and really start playing again. I think my playing fell off because I felt like I didn't have time. I'm just going to have to make time and I plan to do so as soon as this new guitar. I'll post pictures when it comes in.

Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: