Monday, November 23, 2009

Welcome Home, Me

Man, it is good to be home. I was home by 3:00 on Friday, so we made good time.

So yeah, the weekend. After I got back Friday, DeAnne and I went to town and grab some dinner and hit Wal-Mart and Winn Dixie. Having been on her own all week, DeAnne hadn't really had a need to go to the store, so we needed to restock. We got back home about 7:30 and DeAnne decided that she really wanted to go see New Moon. We had driven by the theater on our way back home and at 7:30 there was a line already forming for the 9:30 show. DeAnne's always been a sport about going to see movies that I really want to see, so I agreed to go. So we hop back in the car and head for the theater. I dropped her off to get in line and since our theater is so awesome that it only accepts cash, I went to the ATM. I got back, we got tickets and then we waited. And waited. And waited some more. Finally, the first showing ended and they got the theater clear and let us in.

So I've read the Twilight books and I've seen the first movie and I'm not what I would call a "fan" of the series. They were all right, but nothing special to me. Of the books though, I personally thought that New Moon was probably the best of the four and the movie was pretty close to the book and it turned out pretty good. There were a few moments that were fairly cringe-inducing, but nothing like the first movie and they did a much better job with the special effects this time around so I didn't want to laugh every time someone started running really fast.

So that was Friday. Saturday I got to hang out at the house and wait for the CenturyTel guy to show up and look at our internet connection again. It was down pretty much all week last week and when he finally showed up on Saturday and got to looking around, he found a rusted out screw on the post out at the road. He replaced it and boom, internet works flawlessly.

So that's the weekend in a nutshell. I'm sure today will be a bit crazy at work trying to catch up from being gone last week, but that's just the way it is. Have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: