Friday, July 11, 2008

The Alarm Clock Worked Today

The alarm clock that I use is a battery powered analog type. It's not the classic looking type with the bell on top, but it functions the same way as those do. Across the top, it has a bar that you push down to activate the snooze. Evidently, on Wednesday, I pressed the snooze button in while I was turning the alarm clock off and the button became stuck in the down position. Thus, my clock was now in a perma-snooze state. Thus, yesterday when it came time for the alarm clock to go off, it didn't. I woke up about 7:15.

After I woke up, I realized that I might as well take my time. I had to go get by blood test done yesterday morning, so I figured I would give them time to get open and get past the first wave of blood tests and then I'd be at work about 8:00 or maybe a little after. Little did I know that they had a new nurse that has just started and was still learning things, which slowed the whole process down. It was after 8:30 when I finally go to work.

Needless to say, it was a bit of a rough morning. After all that though, the rest of the day turned out to be pretty good. Everything at work went pretty well yesterday and then we had an excellent dinner with Bryan and Adrienne last night. All in all, not too shabby.

No real plans for the weekend. Courtney and Edwin are coming into town and we hope to get to spend some time with them (if they don't opt to stay with us *hoping they do*). We're also now less than a week away from our trip to Gulf Shores. I can hardly wait. I hope you all have a good weekend. See you on Monday.

--Paul

No comments: