Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Summer

There's only one thing I really don't like about summer. You're probably thinking it's the heat. It's not even that. It's having to cut the grass. Drives me crazy. I can't stand it. It's like a form of torture. You drive around in circles for hours without ever really getting anywhere and then when you're done, you wait 7 days or so and then repeat the process. This goes on for the better part of 7 or 8 months. It's horrible. If I were President, I would bring all the enemy combatants in from Guantanamo and then make them mow the lawns of Americans for free. Now that would be cruel and unusual punishment.

Anyway. If you haven't guessed yet, I had to cut the grass yesterday. I thought it was going to rain this past Saturday, so I talked myself out of it. It did rain on Sunday and then on Monday, everything was still so wet that I couldn't cut it. So yesterday it was and I was not happy about it. I was late getting home from work to start with so it was 7:30 before I finished and I didn't even do the weed-eating.

So there's your rant for the day. I hope you have a better Wednesday than the Tuesday I had.

--Paul

No comments: