Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Stumped

I couldn't come up with a good title this morning. Sorry.

We watched The Spiderwick Chronicles this past weekend and it was very good. I think it's rated G, so it'd be safe for the kids. If it's not rated G, then it only because there's a little fighting with magical creatures who bleed green goo. So even if it's not G, I would still say it would be safe for the kids. It's nice to watch a movie that doesn't have a lot of foul language in it. It seems to especially get to me though when you make almost all the way through the movie and then someone says something foul just one time. Why do they have to do that? They can't find a way to cut one cuss word out of a movie that has thousands of words in it? Why let one go and ruin the whole movie when you could cut it out and make parents feel better about letting their kids watch your movie? Anyway, end rant.

My eye appoinment got canceled yesterday. I got there and I was waiting to be taken back when I saw the doctor walk through the lobby with a nurse. I heard him talking and evidently his daughter was in a car accident and had been taken to the hospital. He said she was alright, but that he was going to see the patients they already had screened and ready to go and to reschduel everyone else. So now I'm going back in two weeks to try again. I don't really mind. I would rather him go and see about his daughter than try and work on me while his mind is on her anyway. I also sincerly hope that she's okay and that everything is alright.

So without the eye appointment, I got home at the same time I always do so I cut the grass. It didn't really need it that bad, but I wanted to go ahead and hit it so that I wouldn't have to be out there for three hours. I also want to hit some of the larger patches of weeds with Round-Up but I wanted to cut the grass first so that I could see the root of the weeds.

Have a good Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: