Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Back Online

Yesterday, I had just planned to post the Basal Gang video, and it's a good thing because when I got up we didn't have power. There was a pretty rough storm starting around 4:30 and lasting till 6:00 yesterday morning and it took out the line coming up out street. They got us back on just before I walked out the door to go to work. The storm was pretty wild. It was some of the worst lightning and thunder I've seen and heard in a while.

Anyway, the Basal Gang. Edwin started making these videos of little people made out of basal wood a few years back. DeAnne and I have always enjoyed them, and the last time we were in Mobile for a visit, we were invited to take part in the creation of a Basal Gang video. It's taken him a little time, but Edwin finally finished it this past weekend. Personally, I think it's a masterpiece, but I'm probably a little biased.

If you don't read DeAnne's blog, you should. You should go there now and check out the slide shows that she's built the past couple of days. There's one of Emma and one of Izzy. They're both great, but the music for Izzy's really makes the whole thing work and it's really funny.

As you can tell from the mid-day post yesterday and the edit that followed it, I'm pretty excited about Rock Band 2 being announced. I'm a little surprised that it's coming out so soon. I thought that they would have waited until closer to Christmas to get it out, but then they would be in more direct competition with the new Guitar Hero game that's going to be a full band game like Rock Band. It worries me a little though that they might not have had as much time as they needed to get in any big changes. Hopefully they've really worked on it and not just made a 60 track song pack. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

So that's it for today. Maybe I made up for yesterday by running a little longer today. It'll be a short week this week also. July 4th is Friday, so I'll be taking my usual day off from blogging as I get a day off from work.

--Paul

No comments: