Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ugghhh

I know I gripe about the grass a lot, but this week, it turned into a two-day debacle. I started on it on Monday afternoon after work and I had just about cut everything except for the very back and part of the side yard when it started raining. Now I'm all for rain, but it wouldn't have hurt my feelings for it to have held out long enough for me to at least get the side yard cut. So I ended up having to get out there again yesterday and finish up. At least I won't have to worry about it this weekend.

I pretty much made an unspoken rule when I started blogging that I wouldn't talk about politics or socio-economic issues. I didn't want to get anything started with anyone. We may see a moment in the near future where that rule is broken. One thing I do want to go ahead and mention is the drop in gas prices. They're down to $3.69 here in Andalusia (as of yesterday at Wal-Mart). I really think that $4.00 was the tipping point and that when it got there, people just couldn't handle it anymore. Demand is down, inventories are up and when that kind of thing happens, prices go down. Oil is at $121/barrel this morning. It was $142 less than 3 weeks ago. My only worry is what will happen if gas breaks below $3.00/gallon. I think at that point, enough people will decide that gas has gotten "cheap" again and demand will pick up. I think gas may get back below $3.00 again, but I don't think it will stay there for long. Of course all of this is a mute point if a big enough hurrican comes through the gulf or if Iran finally falls off the side of the cliff and attacks someone or decides to stop exporting oil.

Anyway, end rant. That's why I made the rule. I promise to try and keep things to a minimum in the future. It's going to be hard though as the election gets closer. Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: