Thursday, August 07, 2008

Movies and Games

I failed to mention it earlier in the week, but we watched "Drillbit Taylor" on Monday night. It was pretty good. The language was a little rough at times, but when is that not a problem in movies today? It's about these boys that get on the bad side of the school bully their first day of high school. They hire a body guard to protect them from the bully, but they guy they hire is really a bum that's conning them into thinking he's an ex-army ranger. Owen Wilson plays the bum and does a good job. Overall, a good renter when the kids aren't around.

I played through the first level of No More Heroes last night. So far I like it. The graphics are a little rough, but I think some of it's on purpose. I think they're going for a kind of stylized look that in the end didn't quite work out like they wanted it to. I'm not sure if it's the Wii's lack of graphical prowress or if they just rushed the game, but the results aren't very pretty. The controls are pretty cool though. I'll keep you posted as I go through the game.

I seem to be running a little late this morning, so I'm going to wrap this one up. Have a good Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: