Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rain, Rain

I don't know what we got during the night, but I checked around 5:00 yesterday afternoon and we had had an inch and a half of rain to that point. The grass has perked up considerably. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I'll be cutting it again this weekend, but that's okay. I'm just glad to have the rain. If it means having to cut the grass, then so be it. At least the yard doesn't look like it's on the brink of becoming a wasteland any more.

I'm sad to say it, but I'm not really enjoying No More Heroes on the Wii. The controls are cool and there are times when the gameplay is really great, but between the great moments are these long periods where you do odd jobs and it kind of takes a GTA approach that doesn't work. I was looking at my games the other day trying to decide what to take to trade in on Rock Band 2 and realized I haven't ever played one of the two games that came with the xbox so I figured it was time to give it a go. I'm not a huge fan of racing games, but Forza Motorsports 2 is pretty cool. It was a little tough in the beginning, but I'm starting to get the hang of it now. There are a lot of options with tuning your car and I've never been much of a gear-head, so I really don't know what they all do. I'm sure all of the cars can be upgraded and tuned to drive better, but I seem to be doing okay with the default settings. I'm still early into the game, so I'll have to play around with some of the settings and see what happens.

Well, it's time to run. Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: