Friday, August 15, 2008

A Travesty Has Occured

The new Harry Potter movie has been moved back from November of this year to July of 2009. Apparently the writer's strike earlier this year is to blame. The full press release is here. The strike seems to have left Warner Bros without enough time to get a big summer blockbuster movie ready for the summer '09 season, so they're taking the sure thing they have in Harry Potter and moving it back so they can have a big summer movie.

I'm terribly disappointed. The teaser trailer they released a couple of weeks ago really had me fired up for the movie. I've tried to find the silver lining, and if anything it's that this should cut down the amount of time between when we get to see this movie and when the first part of book 7's movie comes out. I still think I'd rather get to go ahead and see this one in November though. And to think, I was mad about 24 getting canceled for the 2008 season. This just adds to the pain.

Tonight should be interesting. We've made plans to go play tennis with Dad and Sherry and my step-sister Kelly and her husband Josh. I haven't set foot on a tennis court in ages so this is probably going to be both painful and embarrassing in one go. I'll tell you all about it on Wednesday. Have a good weekend.

--Paul

1 comment:

DeAnne DuBose said...

It should be fun and exciting b/c we never do family fun stuff with them. It will be a blast even though we are going to get our butts kicked by the tennis pros..LOL