Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We're Halfway There

It's Wednesday!

I've played with PlayOn and TVersity some more and they both have strengths and weaknesses. PlayOn's capabilities for streaming video from the web are great. The quality leaves a little to be desired, but I think that it will improve over the course of the next year or so. They have a good bit of content also. There are a good number of TV shows on Hulu and they have a decent list of full length movies also. The major disadvantage right now is that PlayOn doesn't have local media streaming enabled, so you can't stream any music, pictures or videoes that you have on your local PC. It's coming, and the software is still in beta form, but you can't yet.

TVersity does local media streaming very well though. It doesn't have much web content, but for stuff you have on your PC, it's awesome.

Sorry for geeking out on you the past couple of days, but this is the kind of stuff that really excites me. I'm just amazed by the fact that somewhere in the world, there's a harddrive that has a video stored on it, I can access that video with my PC and my PC can send the video to my Xbox in my living room through the air. Simply incredible.

I'll try to get off the geek kick tomorrow. Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: