Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Not So Sleepy

Last night was much improved over Sunday night. The animals didn't do anything crazy and I got in bed on time, so I'm feeling a lot better this morning.

So, for Sunday, Beth, fresh off the mission field, was asked to do a presentation about her mission trip to Peru. As part of the trip, she had led song services in Peru and so Bro. Matt asked her to led the Sunday night song service. She then enlisted me to play guitar for her on a couple of songs. We practiced Saturday night after DeAnne and I got back from Kinston. Considering that that was the only real practice we had other than right before the service, it went extremely well. Beth did a great job on both the song service and with her talk about Peru. It was really inspiring to see someone embrace God's call on their life like she has and it was just awesome to see what God has done through Beth so far.

We finally got some rain yesterday. We had about 6/10 of an inch, but it was such a good, slow, soaking rain that it probably did more good than if we had gotten 2 inches in 30 minutes. Hopefully it'll rain some more today and I think there's a chance again later in the week. I just hope it's not too late for my good grass.

That's all I've got for today. Have a good Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: