Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nerds Can Love Football, Too...

It's Thursday and that means that it's officially the start of the college football season. There's a few games tonight. Of the teams that I care anything about, Troy, Vandy and South Carolina get their seasons kicked off tonight. Saturday's the big day though as pretty much everybody else gets going. I know they've saved a couple of games for the holiday on Monday, but the only major one is Tennessee v. UCLA.

I'm looking forward to the season. There should be some good games and if Auburn can do as well as all the commentators seem to think that they can do, then we should have a very good year, indeed. I'm excited to see Auburn's new offense now that they've had eight months to really work on it. I know they ran it in the bowl game last year, but I don't think that it was really indicative of what it's going to look like this season. It'll also be interesting to see how the QB position shakes out. Either way, I'm hopeful for big things from Auburn this year.

Have a good Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: