Monday, December 01, 2008

War Eagle Anyway

I can't say that I'm surprised with the way the Iron Bowl turned out this year. It would have been nice for Auburn to at least get a field goal, but I guess that's the way it goes. I didn't really see anyone on the team who looked like they wanted to win. Even Tuberville just looked like he was going through the paces and seemed to have already given up before the game started. It's a shame that the season has been as bad as it has been. At least when you're at the bottom, you can only go up.

So much for getting the yard work done this past weekend. We had 3 1/2 inches of rain between Thursday night and Sunday morning.

I wanted to mention Child's Play again this year. Every year, gamers all over the world come together and raise money and buy toys and video games for children's hospitals all over the globe. I'm sure by now, you're all aware that I love video games. I'm also sure that you're aware of my heart condition and surgeries. Between the two, Child's Play has become pretty important to me. I wasn't able to give as much this year, and I know that you might not be able to either, but if you can, visit the Birmingham Wish List, pick something out and buy it for them. Not all the things on the list are video games. There's everything from movies to coloring books and crayons to playdough and board games. There's a lot of stuff on the list that's less than $10.

And in case you missed my full story about Child's Play: Here's a link to my 2006 post.

Have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: