Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Big News

In case you don't have myspace, facebook or read DeAnne's blog, DeAnne made a major announcement yesterday. If you missed it, go here and catch up. I'll wait here for you.
...
...
...
...
That's right, we're pregnant!

As DeAnne said, we've actually known for a couple of weeks now and some of you who read this blog probably already knew, but here it is for all the world to see.

DeAnne's post really covered most everything. We've been trying for over a year now. She was diagnosed with PCOS. We were referred to a fertility doctor in Mobile. He put her on a round of shots and then we did an IUI and here we are. We followed the steps, prayed it up, trusted God and He has given the blessing. It seems that we may be deemed witnesses for God's provision when it comes to matters of health. Every year we've been married we've seen him work in some matter of health in our lives. My heart surgery, DeAnne's back surgery and now becoming pregnant. Time and time again we've faced a fairly major health crisis and every time we've turned it over to God and every time He's provided. Now let's just pray he keeps DeAnne and I sane through the rest of the pregnancy.

We've still got to make weekly trips to Mobile for the duration of the first trimester. At that point, the fertitlity doctor will turn us over to a standard OBGYN and we'll actually get to see what being pregnant is like for most people as far as doctor's visits are concerned. In case you're wondering, this also explains the days that a post was missing. At one point DeAnne was having to drive to Mobile every day so that they could follow her progress on the shots. For her sainty there were days that I would go with her. We usually left the house around 5:30 so bloggin wasn't even on my mind. Thanks for being patient with me and understanding. I'll be going with her again next Monday, so there won't be a post that day. I'm trying to strike a balance between how much vaction time I burn taking off work and being there so that I don't miss anything. It's hard not going with her every time, but if I want to have any time to take off when the baby gets here, then I've got to keep some saved back.

So expect more posts in the future about the prenancy. We've got a lot to do in the next 8 months or so.

Have a good Tuesday.

--Paul

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

YAY!!! Glad everyone knows!! My new blog is http://bryancoxfamily.blogspot.com