Friday, December 26, 2008

Whew

Well Christmas has come and gone and we all survived another year. Actually, we had a really good Christmas. The Lord really is the Great Comforter. It was easy to see His hand in our lives this year.

I've already told you about my Mom's family from last Saturday. Our next stop was with DeAnne's Mom and her family on Christmas Eve. I got a nice shirt and some socks, DeAnne got a rug for our guest bathroom and together we got a little cash and a gift card or two. The food was good and it's always fun to see the kids opening stuff and seeing what they got.

Christmas day started out with me and DeAnne at home. She got me a new pair of black dress shoes, a bag of my favorite M&M's, a copy of "Beedle the Bard", a little key chain flashlight, and a couple of other little things. She got some new sheets for our bed, a copy of "Multiple Blessings" (the Jon & Kate +8 book), some candy of her own, some Burt's Bees chap stick and a couple of other little things. Nothing extravagent for either of us from either of us, but we were a little strapped for cash this year when it came time to buy each other presents and I think we did pretty well considering the circumstances.

We hit Dad's house for lunch. The food was excellent. There we got a decorative plate for the house, DeAnne got a new coat and I got a copy of Fable II (an xbox game). We also got a gift card to Lowes and a little cash. Here again, I think I had the most fun watching the kids open their stuff. There are some toys that haven't changed from when I was young, but then there are toys that are completly new. It's the new ones that I always want to play with myself. I can't help it, there's still a big kid in me.

Anyway, we wrapped up the day back over at DeAnne's Mom's house just hanging out and eating leftovers. We're done with presents, but we haven't seen all of the family yet, so I think we're heading back over there tonight. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Have a good weekend and I'll see you on Monday.

--Paul

No comments: