Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Seriously...

The saga with CenturyTel, long thought finished, has continued this week. As I mentioned yesterday, we've been having problems with our internet for the last week or so. The CenturyTel tech didn't even come out yesterday. He called and said that they're having problems all over the area and he thinks it's due to all the kids being out of school and being on the internet and playing games and stuff. That answer would be all fine and good if we were just having problems during the day when school is normally in session, but our problems are at night when kids are at home anyway, not just during the holidays.

Edwin and I tried again last night to play Gears and had no luck so I called CenturyTel back to get it on record that I was still having problems. As much as we pay them every month for our services, I expect them to work. I think the plan now is to do a speed test ever evening and call and complain until they get the problem fixed. If they've over-sold their bandwidth, then they need to do something about it in a hurry. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to get the speeds that I pay for, much less a connection that's reliable enough to use to play online games. Maybe I'm being a little harsh, but I'm really unhappy with CenturyTel right now. We went a whole year without a single problem and now it seems that from the moment I re-upped to keep getting the discount, we've had problems. Oh well, let's see what they say today.

Have a good Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: