Thursday, December 04, 2008

Going To Be Short

I'm running a little late this morning. The nerd in me got the better part of me this morning. It looks like DISH is getting ready to fire up some new HD channels and they changed the encoding method for some older HD channels last night and I was checking the run-down over at satelliteguys.us. New HD always gets me a excited.

Anyway. Thanks to everyone that's sent their congratulations to us on the baby news. Everyone's been really excited for us and we just really appreciate it.

I've listened to the new Guns N' Roses album again and I'm starting to get my thoughts straight about it. I still don't like the song that's on Rock Band 2. Other than that, I think there's maybe 2 or 3 songs that are weaker than the majority of the album, but for the most part, it's a good album. Despite the fact that over half of what I consider to be Guns N' Roses is no longer in the band, it does sound like a Guns record. There are moments and a couple of songs that even sound like they could have been on one of the Illusion records had they been recorded at that time. I know I'm rambling, but I guess I'm just trying to make peace with the whole idea that Guns is back and Axle finally got the album out. It's not the band I grew up loving, but it's a band that I can enjoy today.

Have a great Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: