Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Is Upon Us

We went and ate dinner with my Grandmother last night at Dad's house and had Christmas with her. She's heading back to Atlanta on Sunday, so we wanted to go ahead and swap gifts with her. Next up, we're heading to Tallassee tomorrow for Christmas with my Mom and her side of the family. So Christmas is here pretty much. It's hard to believe that the year is this close to being over. It's really flown by.

Not much to report otherwise. New regulations at work have required us to implement some new system monitoring and threat detection tools. Basically, you set up some software and train it to look for certain things and then if it sees that happening, it sends out an email to alert us as to what's going on. It was decided that an email alert isn't much good to us if we don't get it right away, so yesterday they issued our group Blackberry's. It's a cool device, but it'd be a lot cooler if it didn't have my work email tied to it. Of course, if it didn't have my work email tied to it, I'd have to be paying for it and then I wouldn't have it at all. Basically I'm torn between my inner geek that loves new little tech toys and the part of me that wants to leave work at work.

Anyway, have a good Friday and a good weekend. See you on Monday.

--Paul

No comments: