Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Man, What A Year

Well here we are. The final few hours of 2008 have come. I would have to say that for DeAnne and I 2008 was a pretty good year. It's had it's challenges, but for the most part we had a good time. I think the highlight would have to be the string of short trips we made throughout the summer. Instead of just taking one whole week, we turned the summer into a 3 month procession of 3 day weekends that included trips to 4 different beaches across Florida and one of the most incredible concerts we've ever been to (Butch Walker). We really didn't slow down until we started the fertility treatments. That's where the challenging part of the year came in. I counted the other day and all totaled DeAnne made 20 trips to Mobile between October and the middle of December. It was a hard process to go through and then even harder dealing with the loss of the baby, but the Lord isn't called the Great Comforter for nothing. He saw it through with us and now we feel ready to try again in the coming months.

I also want to say that I consider this blog a success for the year. I started this little project (blogging every day) back on March 4th. Since that time, I've posted every weekday except for vacation days or days when I just couldn't get to it for one reason or another. This post will be number 216 for the year. That's not too shabby in my book. I'm still not really sure how many people read this thing, but for those of you who do, thank you. I'm looking forward to 2009.

So, tonight we're going to Bryan and Adrienne's to hang out and shoot fireworks. Other than that we don't have any plans. We'll be going to DeAnne's Mom's house tomorrow for the traditional New Year's meal. Then Friday, it'll be back to work and business as usual. I may blog tomorrow. I haven't decided yet. I know it's a holiday and I usually don't blog on holidays, but it's kind of sad at the same time not to start the new year out with something. We'll see.

Have a great Wednesday and a wonderful New Year.

--Paul

No comments: