Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday, Sweet Friday

The work week is finally at an end. Thank goodness. It's been a tough one. Hopefully, it'll go out on a high note.

I talked a little about the Tax Day Tea Party movement on my twitter/facebook updates, but I wanted to talk a little more about it. I wasn't able to go to a rally on Wednesday, but I would have loved to. Evidently they had a pretty good turnout in Montgomery. I haven't heard reports from the rest of the state, but according to the website there were parties in 16 different Alabama cities. Hopefully this movement will grow and stay strong all the way into the mid-term elections in 2010. Maybe then we can vote for some real "change" by cleaning out a third of the Senate and how every many House members come up for election that year.

Incidently, Richard Shelby (who I tend to like) now has a facebook page. Sheby's probably the most connected polotician in the state. He also has a twitter feed, although he doesn't update much and I'm pretty sure it's run by a member of his staff. Governor Bob Riley also has a twitter page that he updates sporadiclly, but it does seem like it could be him actually doing the updates.

Anyway. I'm going to go ahead and get going. Have a good Friday and a great weekend.

--Paul

No comments: